Update: Jan. 2016 Still taking photos with one! I was able to update this camera to the newest firmware this year. Battery life still great. One of my most trusted cameras out there.
Update: November 2014 Still going strong, thousands of photos with only about 3 battery changes so far. My favorite setting so far is 12MP photos on 3 burst mode, throw a 16GB SD card in and I can let it go for weeks. Check out some of the 12MP photos below!
Update: December 2013 These cameras were built for the cold! I have yet to change the batteries since early May and they are still running strong. We have even had below zero temps and snow storms here in Iowa! Best trail camera for Iowa!
This is my first Covert trail camera, and I am LOVING it! The 2013 Extreme Red 40 takes outstanding 12 megapixel photos, plus 1080p video with sound. I have been using this camera since early spring 2013 and am still running on the same set of AA batteries. This is a small-sized trail camera packed with features. One of my favorite features is the four-digit code password protect you can activate to discourage thieves. Another great feature is the built-in color viewer for checking your pictures right in the field. Also great for assisting with setting up your camera for the best possible photos. This camera has quickly become my most reliable camera while taking the best photos! www.covertscoutingcameras.com
Manufactures Technical Specs
- 12mp Color CMOS = 3-5-8-12 MP photo resolutions
- 1.2 Second Trigger Speed with intervals set from 1sec to 60 min
- Photo bursts 1-3 images
- Date/Time/Temp and Moon Phase stamp
- Built-in color viewer
- 65 ft invisible infrared flash range
- Takes pictures and video
- HD video with sound!
- Password protection
- Overwrite Selection (if selected will overwrite oldest photo on SD card with newest photo after card is filled to capacity)
- Operates on 4,8 or 12 AA batteries.
- Rated for up to a 32GB SD card.
- 1 Year Warranty
- Battery Life – Running on 12 AA batteries for thousands of photos
- Pictures – good daytime pics as high as 12 megapixels
- Modes – 12mp still photos or 1080p video with sound
- Viewer – Built-in color viewer
- Storage – Will take upto a 32GB SD card
- Protection – Password protected so only you can use your camera
- Warranty – 1 Year with the best customer support teams. They’ve got your back!
- Protection – Make sure you enter your password after checking your camera. The camera will not take photos without this code! User error!
- SD Card – I would recommend 8gb – 16gb SD cards, is that a bad thing?
- Night Photos – I was hoping for a higher megapixel picture here, but still clear photos.